International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
Thursday April 18, 2013
Lunch was served with a choice of entrees at 12:03
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at Rickey’s Sports Grill at 12:11 pm on Thursday, April 18, 2013 by Chairman Brent Hipsher.
Self introductions were performed with 15 people in attendance including Chairman Brent Hipsher, Vice Chair Don Taylor, and Secretary Carl Cimino.
· A subcommittee was formed to organize CCCIAPMO educational sessions
o Subcommittee is made up of:
§ Carl Cimino
§ Brent Hipsher
§ Bob Adler
§ Don Taylor
Dan McEvilly Passed away and services were held in Paradise CA.
City of East Palo Alto is hiring a new Building Official
San Carlos is hiring Building Inspectors 1 & 2
The following items were discussed under new business:
· Technical Committee Meeting in two weeks
o There was a description of the process used in the meetings
o Members were encouraged to make public comments even if you do not attend
· A discussion ensued regarding whether black iron pipe is allowable on a rooftop.
o Typically it is only allowed in “protected areas”
· A motion was approved to send a flower arrangement to the McEvilly Family (Not to exceed $100)
· A moment of silence was observed in Dan McEvilly’s honor.
Vince Waters & Grant Sidey gave an excellent presentation on Naven tankless water heaters. There was an extensive discussion regarding the plusses and minuses of ½” as opposed to ¾” gas lines serving tankless water heaters.
Tickets were drawn and prizes awarded. Special thanks to the raffle prize contributors: Sarah Aguilar & Southland Industries, Mo Salberg, Local 393, GBA, Local 467 and Marty Cooper, IAPMO Director, Southwood Plumbing.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:46 PM by Chairman Brent Hipsher.
· The next meeting will be held on 3/21/2013 at Piacere at 727 Laurel Street in San Carlos at 11:30
Central California Chapter IAPMO